Saturday 8 September 2007

Here we go again

Some of you will know that last season I had my 15 minutes of fame when I followed the FA Cup Competition all the wat from the extra preliminary round through to the Final at Wembley. That journey refreshed my appetite for the game, especially at non-league level so I've decided to do it all again, this time with the FA Trophy.

Once more I have decided to start with the game nearest to me. This will be an all-Unibond clash between Grantham Town and Alsager on October 6th at The Meres in Grantham. As the game draws near I'll post some more entries.

2 comments:

Ollers said...

Hi John, thanks for the message on my blog. What games did you get to see when you did the "Road to Wembley" last year?

Andy
www.roadtowembley.blogspot.com

John Lovell said...

Hi Andy

My games were

Blackstones 1 Oadby 1
Oadby 3 Blackstones 2
Oadby 7 Cradley 0
Oadby 4 Grantham 2
Oadby 0 Nuneaton 6
Nuneaton 0 Hucknall 1
Kings Lynn 3 Hucknall 0
Bishop's Stortford 3 King's Lynn 5
King's Lynn 0 Oldham 2
Wolves 2 Oldham 2
Oldham 0 Wolves 2
Wolves 0 West Brom 3
Middlesbrough 2 West Brom 2
West Brom 1 Middlesbrough 1 (pens)
Middlesbrough 2 Man U 2
Man U 1 Middlesbrough 0
Man U 4 Watford 1
Chelsea 1 Man U 0

Phew! takes nearly as long to write it!