Sunday 9 December 2007

Colwyn Bay 1 Sheffield 1

I've been a bit busy so these posts are a little behind but I will try and write them contemporaneously (!) so that they retain some authenticity. Wow, lots of big words.

I arrived in Colwyn Bay early enough to go down to the beach - I'm sure in summer it is very welcoming but all looked a bit haggard in late November. The club's set up was good, however. Nice bar, friendly people. It was amazing how many seemed to be discussing England's fortunes as England fans. The guys stood next to me on the terrace were chuffed in that they had their picture on the front of the programme - I should have got them to autograph it.

This game was played in difficult windy conditions and it always seemed that CB fancied their chances of a win and revenge for a 3-0 defeat earlier in the season. Bay came out flying and scored early on with Sheffield equalising after 9 minutes - goal fest to come - but it wasn't to be. Bay dominated the game but created few clear cut chances so it's all back to Sheffield for a replay on Tuesday.

No comments: