Sunday 24 February 2008

Burton Albion 0 Ebbsfleet 0

Well, I guess it was inevitable. Having gone all the way to Wembley last year and most of the way this year, this was my first 0-0 draw. And the game was as bad as a goalless match could be.

I am recovering from neck ache today as the beautiful game was turned into an aerial ping pong competition. Chances were few and far between, although both sides did hit the wood work. The windy conditions didn't help the two teams and a draw seemed inevitable from the moment Burton hit the post in the 2nd minute - especially as I am now faced with a sprint down to Kent on Tuesday and missing part of the Conference I am attending. I will get a chance to see my brother which will be good.

Writing this before the draw I know that York, Aldershot and Torquay are the other semi-finalists so I will happily predict a trek down to Devon in my mystic Meg moment!

No comments: